Call for Participants- “Europe’s Corner”- European Voluntary Service (EVS)- Greece
“Europe’s corner” was initiated by two youth organizations, KOKEN from Cyprus and EKATO from Greece. The two organizations have developed a stable cooperation through various international projects, implemented under the Youth in Action and Erasmus + program. This EVS project gave the opportunity to address common issues in local municipalities and possible solutions for how to overcome common barriers with a project founded by Erasmus+ and the European Commission.
The main role in the project will be volunteering in sectors as varied and diverse as education, youth, culture, sport, environment, health, social care, development policy, equal opportunities and external relations. Volunteering is an active expression of civic participation which strengthens European values such as solidarity and social cohesion. Involvement in voluntary activities can provide people with new skills and competences that can improve their employability.
Main objectives of the project
• To clarify the challenges of European Voluntary Service among the two countries regarding to content and methodology, non-formal and informal learning process, inter cultural learning and impact on local community
• To raise awareness on key competences and develop different methods for using them in practice within EVS projects
• To experience being in position of volunteers and raise awareness on personal, social and professional development during EVS activity
• To make inter cultural exchange of art, culture, tradition and customs between the participating countries
• To raise the EU values of the municipalities and its citizens
• To exchange good practices in the field of youth.
At the end of your service you will receive a Youthpass certificate.
Profile of the participants: We are looking for creative, multitasking young people who love youth work and volunteerism.
Group age: 18 – 30
Number of participants: 2 people
Place: Florina, Greece
Dates and duration: 6 months, middle of April 2018 to October 2018
Contact person: Theognosia Petrou
Address: P.O Box 28536, 2080 Nicosia, Cyprus
E – mail: email@example.com
Tel.: +357 22323260 Fax: +357 22321979
Financial Aspects: Food and accommodation are FREE. A monthly allowance of 100 euros will be given to the volunteers.
Travel cost: The travel cost is covered according to the rules of the programme.
Safety & Insurance: Will also be covered by the organisation.
You may find more information in the info pack.
How to participate: Send your CV and a motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “EVS in Greece”.
Deadline: 9th of February 2018