The Royal Commonwealth Society (RCS), in partnership with Clarion Futures, invites applications from Cypriots aged 18-25 in the UK and Cyprus to apply for an exciting youth exchange programme, which is designed to foster connections between young people in the UK and Cyprus.
The main aim of the programme is to promote positive values, share learning on the global issue of COVID-19 on young people, and lead on social action projects that can change the world. The programme enables participants to discover another culture, become active citizens and receive virtual training from experts from across the Commonwealth.
Further details about the programme can be found on the website at:https://www.royalcwsociety.org/cwyouthexchange
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org 10AM GMT, Monday, 25 January 2021. Your covering note should detail your experience and commitment to promoting positive change/ social action in your community and how you feel you could benefit from and contribute to the exchange.
Please note all participants should be:
- 18-25 years old;
- A Cypriot national (based in the UK or Cyprus);
- Passionate about creating positive change in your community;
- Have some previous experience of engaging in social action, volunteering or activism;
- Knowledge of grassroots organisations and social action opportunities in your local area;
- Knowledge of young people in your community and the issues that affect them;
- Good communication skills;
- An active team member who will commit to attending all meetings and virtual training/exchange activities, as well as participate in the programme for a 12-month period.